For episode 20 of the Outstanding Ohioans show, I had the privilege of interviewing "the Barn Artist", Scott Hagan from Jerusalem, Ohio (Belmont County).
If you have driven anywhere in the state, you have come across Scott's work. Enjoy his story, and I reckon you will pay more attention on your future driving trips around Ohio.
To listen to the show, click on one of the following:
Here are some highlights from the interview with Scott:
- how Scott was interested in art throughout his life, and preferred to find a "larger" canvas
- when he was 19 years old, he painted his first barn (his dad's barn) and the ramifications of this work that led to being commissioned to paint bicentennial barns in Ohio
- finding a mentor just down the road, legendary "Chew Mail Pouch Tobacco" barn painter Harley Warrick
- Scott's keys to success:
- work ethic (he paints each barn with an old-fashioned brush)
- respect for the process and details, such as painting crisp lines
- ability to interact and share his ideas with others
- the joy of his children accompanying him on some of the projects
- how he has expanded into other projects
- Connect with Scott
Thank you for tuning into the show. Please help spread the word about the show and rate the show on Itunes or Stitcher.
Please connect with me on Twitter or Facebook.
Go here to listen to my podcast “Outstanding Ohioans” and like on Facebook.
To purchase my Kindle version of Basketball’s Multi-Purpose Offense: The Open Post Motion Offense, the 1-4 High Offense, and High Post Offense.
To purchase my E-book on my Basketball Ball Match Up Zone Defense, click here.
To purchase my E-book on Basketball’s Multi-Purpose Offense: The Open Post Motion Offense, the 1-4 High Offense, and the High Post Offense, click here.