For episode 50, I had the pleasure of interview Ryan Hawk, who hosts an incredible, highly rated podcast called "The Learning Leader Show". Ryan is an amazing business leader who shares his message in many ways.
To connect with the show, here are a few ways:
Here were some highlights of our conversation:
- growing up in Centerville, Ohio with two amazing parents and two brothers...he was given space to grow and learn
- the impact of his football coaches
- his thoughts on youth sport specialization vs. year-round competition
- why he attended Miami University to play football, and why he transferred to Ohio University
- what he learned about himself competing against Ben Roethlisberger
- his professional football experience, and challenging transition from professional athlete into the business world
- In his current work, why he embraces nervousness, anticipation, and competition
- "Don't follow your passion, have your passion follow you"
- why the podcast medium is gaining in popularity, and the profile of podcast listeners
- Developing his avatar for his podcasting platform
- how he prepares for a conversation
- how prospecting is important in sales and podcasting
- developing your platform and leveraging it
- his personal philosophy of leadership
- People who "Kiss Up" & "Kick Down"
- the importance of routine and 5-minute journaling
- "My success only follows the success of my customers", and why referrals are so valuable
Connect with Ryan at http://learningleader.com/ and https://twitter.com/RyanHawk12
Here were some of the resources mentioned during this interview: